Have you ever thought about buying a tracking device for your dog? Then a smart collar would be the perfect fit for you, to give you complete peace of mind. This article is going to take you through everything you need to know about how a smart collar works and the benefits of buying one.
WHAT TECHNOLOGY IS USED TO MAKE A SMART COLLAR WORK?
The way it works is simple.
- A GPS tracker is integrated into the collar, which allows you to track the location of your pet in real-time, enabling you to always know where your pet is and to find them immediately in the case that they run off, preventing them from getting lost in the first place.
- Thanks to a SIM CARD in the collar, the precise location is then sent to your phone App. Each GPS tracker is equipped with its own SIM card; meaning that the device operates on a cellular network independent from that of your mobile service provider. However, please keep in mind that you do need internet access on your smartphone to use the GPS mobile app. It works over both WIFI or mobile data.
- A 3D sensor is also in the tracking device which allows you to monitor your dog’s activity.
What are the advantages of a smart collar?
- By using this technology, you don't have a limitation in distance, as it operates across Europe and the UK.
- You have real-time tracking, preventing losing your dog.
- The data is available directly on your smartphone.
Why would you buy PawTrails smart collar?
- It includes a collar and a harness, the GPS device and a charging station.
- The harness has a padded material, adjustable straps and reflective strips.
- The app has multiple functionalities such as live position tracking, safe zones, adventure mode, activity monitor and health advisor.
- The GPS device is waterproof, small and light in weight.
- The app is free to download on Android and IOS.
- The collar and harness are available in 2 colors, 3 sizes and available to buy online or in store.
What are the costs of PawTrails smart collar?
- The subscription covers the cost of the built-in SIM card in the device which is there to send the live location of your dog to your app. However, there are different options for subscription plans available, starting from as low as €2.49 a month.
- The smart collar (which includes a harness) retails at €79.99/£74.99.
What are you waiting for get your easy to use smart collar today? PawTrails are also available to answer any questions you may have.